[Dailydrool] sleep?

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 20:48:20 PDT 2012

Sleep? I have five or six Bassets in the bedroom three usually on the bed with my husband and I and we are not small people so I am hanging off my side of the bed in order to accomodate dogs, just as well because Buster likes me to have one hand on him all night long or he noses me until I put my hand on his side.
Every ten minutes someone wants either in or out then after about an hour they settle down and go to sleep, this will be around eleven pm. Sleep a while then at 12:30 the few that did not go out need to go out now, they straggle in one here one there about a half hour later the last one decides to come in.
At 2:30 or 3am the parade starts again, in out in out stay out till I just dose off then want in. My husband cannot hear he blames this on me but really it is because he put siding on the first 20 years of our married life and ran a skill saw every day for all of that time so he lost a lot of hearing.
Anyway back to my story, finally around four they all settle in again and then at 5:30 because for three years we got up at that time and they think we still need to get up at that time every single day of the world everyone starts howling for breakfast so I get up and feed them, once I am up and dressed I cannot get back to sleep. I have dog doors in the kitchen anfd living room and garage but none in my bedroom my husband is afraid to put one in there because we may wake up with a rabbit in our bed.