[Dailydrool] Sebaceous cyst

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 23 21:24:38 PDT 2012

Maggie was my anal gland problem - off to the vets every 6-8 weeks. Pebbles
on the other hand tends to get a bit bumpy with the sebaceous cysts. I've
had 3 removed in the  nearly 1 1/2 years she has been with me. They can
remain really small for a long time and then get inflamed and be the size of
a golf ball. The vet removed the first one and then I had two more little
ones removed when she had her dental done. It was a lot cheaper that way.
She was very good and left the stitches alone with a cone of any type. The
big one was on her shoulder just below her collar and the other two were on
her left side. Now she has a blocked something of another on her eyelid that
seems to be resolving on its own. The vet suggested warm compresses on her
eye when she is laying down but they won't work because she'll put up too
much of a protest. She would probably have a few choice words on that topic
if she wasn't sleeping on the couch.

Her hobbies are driving the slave nuts wanting to go out every 1/2 hour to
see if someone will give her treats and hunting for blackberries and apples
when we go for a walk. She sniffs the ground and bushes and eats what she
can find. She uses that great nose of hers to figure out if they are ripe
enough to eat and then pulls them off the brambles. Soon she will be hunting
for tomato plants to steal tomatoes from. She also likes to cuddle with  mom
and steal my place on the couch.

Drool to all in need.

Leah slave to Pebbles the fearless blackberry huntress and Maggie ATB