[Dailydrool] Hounds peeing in the night

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 21:56:26 PDT 2012

As I've written before, our Bo needs to go out and pee every few hours. We have a doggie door and during the day he's good as gold, house trained, and let's himself in and out--but he won't go out after dark alone (even though he's blind--I guess it's too quiet so he can "hear" the dark now). I just couldn't deal with going out and standing in the yard with him every two hours all night long. Which is when I invented the doggie diaper suit. Now at bedtime, Bo comes over to "get in his pajamas" ( with human incontinence pads in the crotch). I take off the suit and throw out the diapers in the morning. Presto--sleep and no floor puddles. It's been working perfectly for months now. Last week I spoke to a professional seamstress who comes to my quilt group. She (Donna Fear) is going to help me design an even better version replacing the Velcro closures with a zipper, I think, and fitting the suit a little better too. I'll posts how this turns out. Anita made a website with the instructions for making the diaper suit I've been using http://www.2wonline.com/ I really recommend this, and if Donna comes up with a super suit, I'll share it with you all, and maybe Donna can sew custom suits in the future. Val