[Dailydrool] Anesthesia

cstaffordmail at gmail.com cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:32:01 PDT 2012

Otter had a terrible reaction to anesthesia, shaking, crying and totally out of it. I slept on the floor with him so scared. It was so bad that I wouldn't put him under again. Well, several years passed and he had a problem with his teeth so bad that he would attack Mollie...not a good idea. He needed to have his teeth cleaned and gums checked. I explained to this vet his reaction, he checked Otter's records from the previous vet and picked another anesthesia. I agreed to the procedure but my hands shook filling out the paperwork and I cried all the way home.
When it was time to pick him up he met me with a spring in his step and a wag in his tail. It was amazing. So grateful our vet found something else that worked for Otter. He recently had to go under for a lump removal on a Fri and back under on the following Tues because he ripped out his stitches. Both times he was alert and wagging.
If your dog has a reaction please tell your vet and have them find something else to use.
Cheryl
Otter and Radar
Mollie and Jefro

Sent from my iPad