[Dailydrool] Can't get no respect

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 28 14:37:23 PDT 2012

Hello there, Snoopy checking in.

The dadPerson and I are having a few issues adjusting to the changing hormone
levels here in our home.  We added LuLu back in March and the balance drifted
.... before that it was 3 boys and 3 girls but what the heck, LuLu is a gem so 4
girls and 3 boys .... what the heck.  And then Cyrus left for the bridge giving
us no notice at all, 2 boys and 4 girls but we were still reeling from that when
the clueless momPerson got the call to drive all the way to Salinas and be there
BEFORE 5PM or else they were going to put down both dogs.  Well, the momPerson
drove like a maniac and pulled both dogs and brought them home and they were
both GIRLS.  She sent one on it's way on the underground basset railroad and the
other one stayed over and the next thing I know her last name is Rutz and it's
now 5 girls and 2 boys.

WHAT?????  FIVE girls and two boys.  Oh, we don't even want to discuss the loss
of balance here in our home.  There are times of the month when dadPerson and I
spend the majority of time out in the yard remembering the good old days when
snarky women weren't around every corner.

Why just last night the clueless momPerson turned in around 11 and little Gracie
went along with her and slipped into the bed with her and they both drifted
off.  I was asleep on the couch at the time.  Later the dadPerson and I went to
turn in and when I climbed up on the ottoman to get in bed Gracie jumped up,
charged across the bed, and challenged my right to sleep in my own bed with my
own people.  REALLY!!  So, I snarked right at the little BITCH.  Well, she was
being one.  And do you know she SNARKED right back??   I snapped to put her in
her place and she SNAPPED back and I pushed and she shoved and I yelled and she
screamed and that is when the clueless momPerson (who isn't all that clueless,
this part is JUST LIKE Labs) grabbed my little sister and called her a bad dog
and picked her up and put her on the floor.  Neither of us actually bites and as
a result there were no injuries (other than pride, thank you very much) and so
one might have thought that would be an end of it.  If so one does not know
bassets, especially not my little sister Gracie.

Adorable little Gracie went straight down the hall and peed on the carpet in the
middle of the living room floor and then came back and arranged all of the
clueless momPersons dress pillows into a heap on the floor and climbed up on top
of the pile and went to sleep .... almost nose to nose with the momPerson but
not on the bed cause momPerson said.

Well then.  I think Gracie is recovering nicely from her spay, she is just about
back to normal.

More later from Snoopy (who would like everyone to remember who is senior here)
with LuLu (who is staying OUT of it) and Gracie (he's too bossy, I'll show him)