[Dailydrool] New Basset Owner

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:10:24 PDT 2012

Hi Janette!
Leaving a dog outside when I am not home scares me.  I don't even live in
the city, but I have had a dog attacked by a porcupine and just this week I
had seven guinea hens get in my fenced backyard.  Not to mention my Blitzen
ATB would try to eat wasps and she was extremely allergic to them.

I do crate.  I am also home during the day, so my guys go to their crates
for naps.  Right now my bassets are still young (3,2 and 9 months) and the
three year old is the worst offender about getting into stuff.  Please keep
one thing in mind.  If you do decide to crate your girl while you are at
work, you are going to have to spend time with her burning off energy at
the end of the day--long walk plus playing games.  If she can be slowly
eased into being loose in part of the house it would be better.  Just
remember that a crate is better than destroying the house.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn