[Dailydrool] crating

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 05:35:48 PDT 2012

when i first brought gus home, i had a crate ready.  i worked in the area, so i would put him in when i left, come home from lunch to let him out and then he'd go back in until 5.  he did fine in the crate and still does when i go out.  but now it's 3 yrs later (he was rescued when he was 3) and his crate is his den.  the funniest thing he does about this crate is that when i get out of the shower in the morning and put my "walking gus" clothes on, he does the happy dance (based on what i have on, not that i've grabbed the leash or anything).  but when i come out of the shower and put on a work outfit, he immediately gets off his chair and marches into the crate.  i dont have ot even be in the room where the crate is, he just sees me dressed up and into the crate he marches.  he sits there with tail wagging as i go get a treat for him and out the door i go.  when i come back, and he hears the key in the door, he is stretching out of his nap and ready to roam.  the crate is next to my pc, so when i'm on here, he will go into his crate to relax and be next to me.
in other words, it's never been a punishment, it's his den.
drool and prayers to all in need.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i hab a liddel house dats in my big house and it's all mineminemine