[Dailydrool] Eating dirt

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 18:05:37 PDT 2012

Snort Snort--gasp, gasp, gasp----dogs that eat dirt?????

I have whole house full of dirt eaters. I thought the very same thing, there must be a deficency of something--years ago, I hauled one of the dirt devils to the vet, sure there was a problem.
I said Doc, they are all eating dirt, they must be missing something in the diet-they are obsessed--I have craters in the yard from them eating dirt---he asks all the usual questions--does some blood work--nothing.
I said then why do they eat dirt--my DOg--Elder Clara would go out and munch and come in and gargle in the water bowl, she was one of the worst at this habit-even frozen earth didnt stop her--his reply was simple, because they can, and dogs like the taste, its is like some eat poop.

I have the feeling he rated that visit to see him even above when I took Bessie in because I thought she smelled. Well, maybe not-he still asks me if Bess smells- and laughs-but I no longer worry about the dirt eating-they eat better than we people do!!!

Drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake