[Dailydrool] This and That

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 20:04:14 PDT 2012

I have been a bad, bad momslabe. I have not been able to keep up with the drool of late. Things, well, lets just say we have been busy at Casa de Speedy.  So first of all - drool to all in need.

I've been meaning to post about Speedy's mysterious bump he had back in June. Like Basil, the vet really didn't know what he had and way it took 6 weeks for the bump to completely go away. Both vets that saw him were more convinced that it was some kind of Spider and because he was an older dog, the blood circulation was not circulating very well on his lip. One vet made me do a hot compress and 2 rounds of antibiotics. I want to say it was a spider  too because about 2 weeks later I ended up with a mysterious bump on my leg and swelled up just as badly. My vet, err....dr, also thought that whatever bit me was a spider. So we hired a pro and got our house sprayed. They spray on the house itself and not the grass. Of course they said it was pet friendly, but I highly doubt it. Rambo got sick the very next morning. For the first time since he was born, he did not eat and ran a fever. If it's not one thing it's another.

Peggy the foster Shar Pei almost got adopted. I'm hoping the people that almost adopted her do make up their minds and will adopted.

Last month we took the boys to a professional photo shoot. All Speedy wanted throughout the entire shoot was attention from the photographer while Rambo the Shar Pei wanted nothing to do with the photographer. Speedy sure hammed it up for him. Bassets are the best. It seemed as if he posed on purpose. I have seen the proofs but we are waiting for the memory books and brag books. Can't wait to get them all.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo