[Dailydrool] Mier

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Tue Dec 4 00:33:26 PST 2012

Hi Guys

Just to give you an update on Mier, the basset I rescued in the kalahari desert. Since the original letter appeared in the DD, I could just as well have resigned my job and become Mier's PA. We received so many letters from the Droolers it is almost incredible. Letters came from the USA, Canada, UK and South Africa. Txs for everything. The one thing that I learnt is that if we get rid of politicians and hand the world over to dog lovers, we may make a bigger success of things !

Mier is doing well and he is a real old goof. He loves the daily walk and does his "hunting" and snuffing bit with great gusto. His coat is nice and shiny and his eyes do not have that lost feeling anymore. The lethargy is gone from his walk. He enjoys Mariette's company above all - maybe because she is the foodslave. The one thing that he can not fathom out, is the dam. He is used to very little water, and here is this large expanse of water. You can drink it and those funny birds propel themselves on it quite quickly, but he sinks when trying to chase the birds. Quite extraordinary. Maybe he'll catch on later with the swimming thing like Klara and Sally.

We took him to the vet last week, who gave him the all clear. So this is one story with a happy ending. I did send a picture to Basset of the Week, maybe it will appear with the next lot.

Frans & Mariette with Klara, Sally and Mier