[Dailydrool] Need behavior advice

Lisa de rollinstar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:09:54 PST 2012

Need behavior advice,
I have a question about my Basset. He's a good dog and a rescue, got him at about 4-5yrs, now he's about 9-8yrs.
On occiasion, I have noticed a "moodiness" about him.  For example, last night he got into his bed and curled his lips to show teeth at me, no growl. I saw no reason for this so I stood my ground and firmly him "No" and he slowly calmed down.  I have never punished him (seems to catch on and listen well) but I don't want this type behavior (bearing of teeth) to escalate. How can I reprimand him to let him know that this is not acceptable?  He's a big boy (65-70lbs) confident and kind personality with people.   Thank you. Lisa