[Dailydrool] The Toebone Report

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 09:19:15 PST 2012

Well, Elwood spent the best part of the day at the clinic to be properly zooted to chop the toebones. He knew right where he was going and put on his best woe-is-me look. He had to sit on the bench next to me as we waited for them to come and call his name and of course he is sitting there looking all basset, and drew many ohhh's and ahhh's as folks arrived. He got pets, he told everyone what a handsome hunk he was. Elwood--somehow I was less than impressed--if only you could be a good boy about this----they called his name and Mr Adorable stuck his snooter in my armpit and hid. More laughter from the crowd---we drug him behind the door. The deed was done.
Elwood came home. Elwood always has a issue coming out of the drugs.  I got some soup/broth in him and he passed out until this morning. He is still slow today, tomorrow will be better. He sits and looks at his feet.
Jake all but had a stroke as he watched me take Elwood out the door yesterday, and worried and paced all the time he was gone.
Bessie took a nap on the couch.
Myself, this is one basset tradition that I could live without-----

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester