[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:10:48 PST 2012

Whoo Hoo! Our calendar came and it is SPECTACULAR! Laura and elves, you
outdid yourselves this year! Thanks so much for doing such a wonderful job!

Clipping nails around here can be pretty interesting. Jersey and Ginger
were both taken to the vets and muzzled for trimming for a very long time.
At some point, the DH and I decided that we really should be able to do
this ourselves. We always muzzled Jersey to do anything that she would
perceive as unpleasant and decided that we should be able to manage Ginger
too. What were we thinking?!?! The only way Ginger gets her toebones done
is if I literally lay on top of her to pin her down and we both have a
death grip on whichever foot he's trying to trim! We eventually get it done
but it is a real work out with her. Jersey has discovered over the years
that she really can trust us and we are able to just hold her and get the
job done without a muzzle any longer but it was a good long time before we
could leave the muzzle off. I have a feeling that Ginger will always have a
muzzle on to do her nails. She has a lot of teeth and isn't afraid to use
them!

I've had a good laugh at Doc's gas bomb problems. Shadow is our littlest
Houndette and she can clear a room faster than any of the other hounds
here. No one else seems to have that problem except her and WOW! She is
impressive! The mastiffs were having terrible gas when they were on a
grained food but that really stopped when my daughter put them on a grain
free diet. Let me tell you, they are big dogs and they rip BIG gas bombs!

BaRCSE Clancy has gone down in the rear. His foster mom has him on total
bed rest and the meds seem to be helping so please say a prayer and have
your hounds sling some drool in his direction. We are a tiny rescue and we
just plain don't have the money for the surgery so we're really hoping that
the meds do the trick. His foster mom is just amazing and is already
talking about wheels for him if it comes to that. BaRCSE is truly blessed
with some fantastic foster families! Now if we could only clone them so we
could rescue more hounds!

I don't know what has gotten into Jersey today. My old gal has been racing
around the house like she has rockets on her butt! The other Houndettes
just back up and watch her zoom by and seem totally confused.

The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger