[Dailydrool] a mt. moment

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:04:29 PST 2012

Lots going on up here in Big Sky Country.  Winston, Percy, Sadie, Bella
and her sister, Moose and Missy, etc  all Bassets that we were able to
get into safety and now are all adopted or in a foster home situation.
It all happened so fast some pictures and info were not put on our
webpages or fb area.   I used the phone up to 6 hours daily to secure,
move, and find safety for these Bassets.
News:   recently we had to find another webmaster and volunteer
treasurer and thank dog we did!   Our facebook for the rescue is being
discontinued but wanted to let everyone know who saw and
posted.....THANKYOU....for your greetings and support.

Our shelter yard fencing built of redwood and pine now after 16 years is
seeing its last days......now we hold up tilting fences with extra
support posts.  Even treated posts in this weather only lasts 10 years
or so ...........So guess we are considered lucky that they are holdin
on this long.    We have had a few expenses trying to keep the shelter
fence standing.   Winter is about here........cold mostly at night and
that means the heaters are going.     We wanted to thank all of you for
remembering us  up here....every dollar we receive goes in one way or
tuther to keep this organization running.  Every dollar!

  For the Bassets who have not found homes or a foster situation, they
are here still.....sadly, but we love them and are providing for them in
every way possible.   Dudley Do Right, Hank, Checkers........the most
bestest hounds and its amazing to me even after being on T.V,  not one
application.  I do believe there is a video of one of the T.v.
appearances for Checkers in October KECI and the link to it is
underlined at the end of his text/picture in the "Available" tab on our
website.   Lakota Sue is still with me after almost 16 years now ....she
is my sweet Augustus McCrae's mom...Gussie ATB but lives in my heart and
with Checkers.....I do BELIEVE.

Our fall and winter Fundraiser Flyer is in the _Bugler_ now and also on
our main website page.  Thank you to everyone who so far has bought our
beaded colorful bracelets either with a hound or horse charm on
each....$7.00 each and FREE SHIPPING (in U.S.) for 3 or more purchased.
I will rush them right out in time for Christmas.  Each one is fully
guaranteed .....a new one will be sent if anything happens to any beads
or ?....fully guaranteed.  WMBR has bracelets also with different charms
like a turtle, etc.  Chris Bly runs a wonderful rescue org. there in
Missouri.

Thank you to everyone who supports us every year.....the holiday cards
arriving here at Partner's Place/Basset Rescue of MT.
...AMAZING......one from Tucker showing his sad close up sad eyed face
said......"BRING ME THE COOKIES"......oh my Lord did I laugh at that
cause isn't that the best  line for a BAsset?!!!
Many cards and to each of you that sent one......Bless you for making my
holiday a cheerful one seeing all the beautimus doggies.!!  THANKYOU
THANKYOU.

Going thru some tests now due to problems from my neck fusion, etc. and
hoping all will be well in the future to carry on our mission of saving
Bassets.  In August I lost my dearest friend Argus, in Oct. my heart boy
Gussie......but as long as I can stay Vertical...... this organization
will carry on , especially with all your good wishes, holiday greetings
and support.

2 weeks out, but its always the perfect time to wish you all a very
Merry Howliday and Blessings for your New Year.

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager