[Dailydrool] Epithelial neoplasm

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:59:48 PST 2012

One of our family pack, Phoebe aka Beebs developed a palm-sized mass in the
front/side of her neck.  Its been there a few months.  We've had it looked
at a few times and finally a needle biopsy was done.  Today we were told it
is an epithelial neoplasm. The vet says the report says there were no
malignant cells in the biopsy right now.  So the consensus is to just watch
it and if it changes, let them know.  The reason no surgery to remove it is
being attempted at this point is because it is located right near the
carotid artery and a bunch of other blood vessels that go down to her leg.
Beebs seems fine and unaffected by it at this point. She is a happy 12 yr
old basset in general good-health except for the fact she is on Prozac.
What I am wondering is if anyone has has any experience with this and if
anyone has had any experience with surgery in that part of the neck?
Thanks, Pat

--
*Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.