[Dailydrool] Sister Anna

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:19:49 PST 2012

This might be a silly idea for Sister Anna but I wonder if you put one of
those foam wedges at the back of her bed so she wasn't completely flat if
that would help her not get stuck? You know what I'm talking about....those
foam wedges that people with reflux use at night so they don't lay flat?
You'd have to brace it against something so it wouldn't get pushed out from
under her bed as she moves around. And you would probably have to cut the
foam so it's not at too much of an extreme angle. Make sure you wrap it in
something waterproof or it will soak up any accident she might have and
really smell bad.

If part of your sweet girl's problem is being too fluffy, maybe she needs
to have some of her kibble replaced with green beans. Our Jersey and Ginger
both have a tendency to gain weight but we're lucky and they both like
green beans. I hate for them to be hungry and the beans have worked great
as a filler. Plus I want to be able to give them a treat here and there
too so the green bean diet has been a good compromise for us. Sister Anna
would probably be able to move around a little better too if she lost a
pound or two if her weight seems to be some of her mobility problem. We
also add baby carrots and yogurt to the Houndettes kibble and sometimes
pumpkin when it's available. I'm going to try Shredded Wheat though like
someone recently suggested. Jersey still has anal gland problems even with
the raw carrots and/or pumpkin.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger