[Dailydrool] Mousetaliban

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:35:59 PST 2012

Val, we had an infestation in our old house before we moved just about two
years ago now. I also used Have-A-Heart traps, which worked quite well.  I
caught about 5 or 6 using a trail of birdseed to the trap (which is what
they were after in the first place -- I foolishly stored birdseed in the
basement), and then peanut butter inside the trap.  I too took them to a
park far from my house (and from other houses as well).  I picked out a
nice place near a little stream, and brought a little "starter" sandwich
bag of birdseed that I poured out before I released them (which my husband
thought was hilarious, but I love ALL animals, even vermin).  That seemed
to stop the problem at least temporarily.  What I didn't do, which I think
is key, is find the place that they were getting in and seal it (I looked
with no luck).  I have the feeling that the people who bought our house may
have inherited the mice as a result, or at least their friends who lived
outside and found the secret entrance.  Laura