[Dailydrool] Reputable Breeders

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Feb 10 15:19:44 PST 2012

The process that Cheryl describes is very similar to what we do at Red Bay
Bassets.  Most reputable breeders that I know don't advertise puppies for
sale . anywhere.  We may have a small business card "ad" in the Bugler or
the Tally-Ho (the BHCA bi-monthly publication) but that is more for name
recognition and contact information.  Most of us don't have high-glitz (or
any) websites.  We don't have to advertise . usually we have more people
than puppies.  We also do a home visit or have someone we know in the area
do a home visit for us . although we have been known to travel 700+ miles to
do a home visit (right Debbie?).

In addition to the BHCA website, the Daily Drool website
(www.dailydrool.com) has a reputable breeder list and also a list of
questions puppy buyers should ask.

Sandi

Red Bay Bassets