[Dailydrool] Peeing in the house, this & that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:24:16 PST 2012

Kathy, I would probably go back to house training 101 for your girl. You
know the drill, give her water morning, noon, evening and around 8 and pick
it up in between times. Get her outside within 15 minutes of getting a
drink and again in another half hour. And LOTS of treats and praising when
she's a good girl. Keep her with you as much as possible and let her know
she's naughty if you catch her in the act. I never hit my dogs but I will
do bad girl, outside outside! if I catch someone being naughty. It doesn't
sound like she's pooping in the house so that's a step in the right
direction! Maybe develop a couple of words that you say every time she goes
out so she'll eventually know what you expect. I don't know how it happened
but our Suzy knows when I say quick, quick I expect her to pee. I guess I
started it when she and I were joined at the hip when she had her leg
surgically broken during the winter months several years ago. I know that's
what I told her when we went out in the rain and cold because I wanted her
to hurry! I know it's tough to do when you have a bunch of other hounds in
the house who are good but no one is going to become dehydrated by putting
the water down at specific times for a couple of weeks.

I can't even begin to talk about Baylee. I turn into a puddle every time I
think of what that poor little thing went through. Elder Clara had me in
tears when I saw her note welcoming this sweet baby to the bridge.

The Houndettes continue to sling get well drool laced with prayers from me
to all in need. Hoping that Nigel's UTI is MUCH better and that Dexter's
eye continues to improve. Anita, I'm so glad you found something to make
Anna more comfortable so she can move easier. The girls are slinging lots
of no cancer drool in Augustus Mc Crae's direction. Suzy, Ginger and Shadow
will all let me look in their mouths and I'm going to go and do so in a
minute when I'm done here. Jersey is a different story. I'll dream up
something but don't be surprised if I post something about being bitten by
my sweet old girl.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger