[Dailydrool] Teeth cleaning products

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Wed Feb 15 03:14:00 PST 2012

I use Tropic Clean gel when I brush the houndies' teeth, the water additive in their water and a powder, US Animal Dental Support, in their food.  I would much rather prevent problems than have them undergo anesthesia for cleaning - if at all possible.  So far all three get great reports in their checkups (oldest is 8).  Charlie, 5ish, had tartar encrusted teeth when we adopted him 2.5 years ago.  His vet recently said he looks younger (than his estimated age) based on his teeth.

The Tropic Clean gel says you don't HAVE to brush with it, but that brushing is more effective.  My brushing is quick, none tolerates anything too thorough.

Sent from my iPaw