[Dailydrool] Fw: Westminster Dog Show

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Wed Feb 15 06:30:40 PST 2012

Here is my letter to David Frye:

-------Original Message-------

From: melissa fenchel
Date: 2/15/2012 9:26:40 AM
To: david at westminsterkennelclub.org
Subject: Westminster Dog Show

I just want to take this opportunity to say SHAME on YOU and the WKC. Mind
you, I have shown three of my own dogs to their championships. I also have
been involved in rescuing dogs for 20 years. I have also faithfully watched
the WKC Dog Show for longer than that.

When Pedigree sponsored the show and promoted adopting shelter dogs, I
thought, "Finally!!". The WKC Dog Show is telecast to millions nationwide.
It is watched by DOG LOVERS. What better opportunity to get the message out
there that there are wonderful dogs waiting for homes in shelters....many of
them just as pedigreed as the ones in the show ring. I'm sure the Pedigree
ads shown during Westminster saved MANY lives. To find out that you and the
WKC simply don't care is very disturbing. It is also extremely irresponsible
of you both.

I'm sure you are aware that a rescued dog, now a finished champion, was
entered at Westminster this year. There are thousands like him dying in
shelters.

I have always hoped that the "Show People" and the "Rescue People" could
come together for the good of the dogs. Many RESPONSIBLE, CARING "Show
People" have!!  Now I find out that I cannot count you as one of them.

I will find better things to do with my time and better ways to be
entertained next February when the WKC Show comes around again. You and the
club have now drawn a line in the sand and I'm on the other side.

You really should be ashamed of yourself, David. I always thought better of
you. Now I see that you are just a snob.

Sincerely,
Melissa Fenchel