[Dailydrool] Fat Tuesday surprise

Sandra Graham sandra.graham at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 19:48:27 PST 2012

I'm coming home from work tonight and as I pull into the driveway I get an
eerie feeling. Normally, I'm greeted by  a large chorus of arhoo's and barks
from all of the dogs in the back yard who know that they get fed dinner as
soon as I get home. It is deathly quiet. It takes me about 2 seconds to
figure out that something is wrong. I don't even get the mail, I open the
door to the garage. Still no sounds. I walk to the back of the garage and
look out the back window onto the back patio... half of the family room is
on the back patio. Someone(s) has figured out how to open the sliding glass
door between the back patio and the family room. When I walk into the house
it is obvious that the dogs have had their own version of fat Tuesday today
as everything that was on a counter or a table when I left this morning is
now on the floor, on the back patio, or strewn around the back yard. All I
could do was shake my head and laugh. I'm going to have to start using the
burglar bar on the sliding glass door, not to keep a burglar out, but to
keep the dogs out.

I made everyone wait until after I cleaned up the mess before they got
dinner. I figured that was only fair.

Sandi and the thundering herd: Hercules and Emily (who barricaded themselves
in the back bedroom and had nothing to do with the Fat Tuesday celebration),
Owen, Chloey Sue, Daisy Mae, Bodacious, Havoc and Cooter (who say that
Maggie Mayhem is the one who started it all, they just watched) and Maggie
Mayhem - the 9 month old german shorthair pointer who said "Who Me??" when
asked if she opened the sliding glass door.