[Dailydrool] Maggie Wags & stinks

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 10:19:06 PST 2012

My Maggie Wags started her allergy injections today,  she will get  much
worse before getting better, how do I know this,  she is my 3rd Basset  with
allergies,  but the best part of all of this ,  she has lost 7  lbs !!!!!!!
the vet is SOOOOO  happy ,  she told me I am doing a great job  !
As for the smells,  I have to bath Maggie twice a week with Allermyl
shampoo,  it DOES not strip their coat of moisture and makes her really  soft.
the vet is trying to control her allergies with frequent bathing,  allergy
shots and hydroxzine pills.  we will use preds only if the shots  start to
cause hives,  we also use Gold Bond powder on her pits and Gold  Bond cream on
her feet with baby socks  it's kind of  like treating  the Pillsbury dough
boy, we wrestle her to the ground and we put this on this  area, and that on
that over there, and  some of this under here, and a  sprinkle of that
yellow can stuff under there. and some of this on both flews.  hell I am
exhausted by the time I get done and then there is Evil Annie who  wants her turn,
so we pretend to sprinkle some  of the stuff on  " ME  TOO ! "
But because of Maggies allergies she can have a real odor if we don't bathe
 her,  the vet even told me to use Epson salt in the tub to soothe her sore
 feet, she will chew them until they bleed.  Having a hound with allergies
is a LOT of physical and emotional work. I did this for my oldest son and I
 wont bat an eye doing it for my Maggie.

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie