[Dailydrool] two more about Molly Bob. one a question one a surprise\

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 22:14:11 PST 2012

I am wondering if anyone else has had there basset do this.
When Molly Bob is fast asleep, all of the sudden, she jumps up out of bed.
running and sometimes whining or low yelping, not sure which direction
to go. I get her attention, get her to go outside. She will usually go potty.
Not always. It may be a week or two or sometimes it may be several times in one night.
I Do Not know what the heck is going on. I thought perhaps a UTI, but it is so infrequent.
ANyone out there have any ideas, or have a hound that does this.?? please feel free to email
me privately. Thanks,
Now for the surprise.
Molly Bob, my shy girl. usually runs to me if I am outside, if I am not, she runs to the deck and looks
into the window to get my attention. there was a man walking down the street. instead of coming to get me,
she ran to the fence, barking and having a fit, {NOT LIKE HER} I went outside to call her in. She know she
is not supposed to bark. When I stepped out the door, she went into full, protect mama mode, Growling loudly, Hackles raised,
I could see them 20 feet away.. The "DUMB" guy says, "is she friendly?' Hello Dumb Sh** she is growling loud enough for my DH
to hear her from the shop. He walked towards our front gate, Molly Bob literally attacked the gate. Growling, barking, trying to tell the DS
that he should leave. When he did not get the hint, my DH stepped out the shop door and the DS left in a big hurry.
Molly Bob ran to me and DH back and forth for about 10 minutes before she finally calmed down.
I think my girl was trying to tell us something.
What do you think??
Martha and Molly Bob { nobody messes with my mama}