[Dailydrool] Bona update

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 23 09:57:08 PST 2012

Bona is spending the day at the vet, getting fluids and had x-rays this
morning.

The films look much better than yesterday, I decided to go see for myself.
I am not a good x-ray consultant at all, but do know buckshot and she had 4
pieces that I could see...not happy with the jerk who put it there.

Anyhow, I could also see the difference in yesterday and today.  The vet
pulled another partial bag from her rectum this morning.  There is still
"stuff" in her intestines and we are going to let things take their course
and hopefully avoid surgery.  She is not drinking well, so we opted for IV
fluids and they might give her a laxative, although that is really only for
the large intestine.  Regardless,  I will bring her home tonight and hope
she rests better than last night.  The back again in the morning to get
evaluated and possibly another set of x-rays.

I hate she is feeling so bad,

Thank you to everyone who has emailed me to let me know she is being thought
of.

Drool to all in need.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us