[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 203, Issue 6

Mary Lee Trnka mltrnka at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:40:12 PST 2012

Our Philby is the most lovey dog we ever had.  He rolls over for belly rubs for everyone - repair people, new visitors, the pizza guy - everyone.  Except the vet. Now our vet is wonderful, really, and very gentle.  But Philby starts growling when the vet puts the stethescope on his chest. Forget the muzzle.  We double-muzzled him, and he managed to get free. Now, we just sedate him.  Even then, the vet gave him a shot AND gas before he stopped growling and trying to snap.  It's just not worth anyone getting bit or stressing the dog.  The vet is  very understanding.  He said we never know what experiences a rescue dog may have had, so no big deal.   It's just so ridiculous to see this big lovey baby get so nutsy.  Makes me wonder what happened to him before he came to us. Mary Lee