[Dailydrool] What do You think???

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Fri Feb 24 12:19:00 PST 2012

Since I posted that we cannot use the funds we got from the Pepsi Challenge for medical bills for the Bassets in our care I have gotten several emails with lovely suggestions but one in particular that suggested if I could get some Droolers to write very nice letters to the Pepsi Cola Company asking that they reconsider letting the funds from the Pepsi Challenge to be used for vet bills maybe they would change the rules to allow rescues to use the funds for vetting.
I know that several rescues have won funds from the Pepsi Challenge over the past year and wondered what they think of this idea. The worst thing Pepsi can say is no ... and I think if we all send a letter and be respectful and sweet they would definitely consider our plea.
I do not want to make them mad and spoil funding more rescues in the future so if each letter is polite they will have no reason to object. I know Senior Hounds Abound and All Ears , Loozianna , Suncoast and the others could sure use the monies won for vetting.
Below is rule of the challenge that states the money cannot be used for medical proceedures for animals or humans. And beklow that I have psted the address for the Pepsi Cola Company.
Maybe on the outside of the envelope write Attention Pepsi Refresh Project Pepsi Challenge

Applications CANNOT to any degree:   involve any type of medical research, procedure or alternate medical treatments or therapies for either humans or animals;

Pepsi-Cola Company, 700 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577.