[Dailydrool] Dentals - to do or not to do

Paula Jenkins pljenkins at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:37:39 PST 2012

Hi,I am a lurker and have been for a number of years and now I need some input.  I have two approximately 12 year old hounds that have not had dentals (their teeth do look awful).  My vet, after their yearly checkup has said they both need dentals(she has said this every year but it seems their teeth have gotten much worse) and will probably have numerous extractions.  She seems to think they are both in pain from abcesses.  I have not noticed any difference in their behavior and am very nervous about having them put under for extensive dental work (which will probably cost me $1,500 per dog).  Any information or ideas are welcomed so we can make an informed decision. Thanks, and I love the drool.Paula Jenkins