[Dailydrool] Gus Waking UP

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 13 17:57:36 PST 2012

Hello all:

I haven't posted since Bullet passed. I didn't feel entitled, as the 2 dogs we
adopted since he passed weren't bassets. I am no longer "basset-related". I do
continue to read, tho, and I couldn't pass on responding to this.

The crate suggestion is obviously safe, and Gus will get used to it. However, in
situations like this, before you deprive yourself of the snuggles you both
enjoy, please consider that there might be a second right answer. For a basset,
aroma stimuli is much more likely to cause adverse reaction than visual stimuli.
Have you recently changed the scent you wear, or the soap/shampoo/hair products
you use? If so, the change is scent could be throwing him off and spooking him.

Just a thought ...

--RichS

Hubby to Patty, poppa/wrangler/slave/body pillow/security blanket to Jester the
Border Terrier, Simba the Princess ( a half-blind, half-deaf ball of fluff we
haven't figured out), Snoopy the Beagle, and 8 dear departed companions ATB .