[Dailydrool] aggression

Carol Shreiner cdshreiner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:35:51 PST 2012

On that topic....Dozer is currently in the vetspital because Freckles tried
to rip his face off this morning. He succeeded to a small degree.

Each morning, Freckles greets me with kisses and Dozer climbs into bed on
Freckles' side and sometimes sits on him while he's kissing me. Freckles
allowed this every morning until this morning. I don't know what happened,
as I was just waking up (from the kisses) and then I had two dogs fighting
on top of me. I got them apart and in separate rooms to check them out
(after bandaging myself up) and Freckles was without a scratch and Dozer
had a serious facial wound.

The vet recommended a behaviorist and prozac for Freckles and stitches for
Dozer. The boys have had issues in the past, and attacks by Freckles were
unpredictable. The behaviorist we saw then taught me about triggers and how
to handle certain situations, and we were able to get over the issues.
Little scuffles in the past since the time of issues have been very minor
where they posture, make lots of noise but don't do damage to each other
and make up pretty quickly after a time out. Today was very different. They
didn't want to make up and there was damage. Of course, after I returned
home without Dozer, Freckles was moping around like he does when Dozer
isn't home. It's worth mentioning that Freckles isn't aggressive toward
Lilly. What gives? Guess we'll be back at the behaviorist's office.

--
Dozer http://www.dogster.com/?272678
Freckles http://www.dogster.com/?273357

*