[Dailydrool] Stanley ATB 1/1/12

leslie pimentel-matthews lesliematthews13 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:31:11 PST 2012

Stanley was diagnosed with a mass around his stomach area right before
Halloween of this year.  We decided to not do chemo or surgery.  We brought
him home and tried to make him as comfortable as possible.

He was only given 6 weeks, but he fought and gave us 2 months... yesterday
morning.. he threw up white foam and didn't move out of his own mess, which
was black and had blood.  He gave me the look as if to say.. I am ready mom.

We helped him to the bridge yesterday morning.   He's left a big hole in
our hearts.  I am hoping that at the bridge he has his bark back.. he was
debarked before we got him.  He's got to be running around mass free and
eating anything he wants at the buffet.  I hope he will watch over his
basset brother Howard, non basset Brother Simba.. as i know they miss him.

Bye sweet stanley... you were such a brave and good boy.

until we meet again.

Leslie, mom to howard, simba, and stanley atb.