[Dailydrool] Dear Nigel

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:49:24 PST 2012

You just hang in there sweet baby! We are so very proud of you for how far
you've come. I saw something online that maybe your mama might look at.
It's called a "Walkabout Dog Rear End Support Harness" and it's even
pictured being used on a big basset hound! It's on Doolittle's Pet Products
& the link is:
http://www.doolittlespetproducts.com/rearwalkabout.html#.TwIWBtQV2EY. And
here's what the ad says: "The Walkabout *Dog Rear End Support Harness* was
designed especially for dogs that have problems supporting their own weight
on their back legs. This *rear support dog harness* is an ideal solution
for dogs that are disabled, have hip dysplasia, arthritis, spinal
myelopathy, or any other condition that affects the strength and dexterity
of their hind legs. It is great for getting dogs in and out of vehicles, up
and down stairs, and even for taking your pet on casual walks. When
properly fitted, a male and female dog can urinate and defecate with the
harness on.  The Walkabout Dog Rear End Support Harness is made of neoprene
and is machine washable.  The X-Small and Small sizes need only one handle
for support while the larger sizes have two handles. This harness is very
comfortable and can be left on the dog for extended periods of time. Simply
grab the handle when necessary to aid your pet to an upright position."  It
might be just the thing to put on you and take you outside for those potty
breaks.  Sounds like it might be quicker than putting you in your cart too.
 Anyway, I hope you find a good solution.

Beth H. - We are so glad to hear you're home from the hospital. It amazes
me how quickly hospitals discharge people these days. It looks like God has
truly been watching over you. Thankfully, you're home where you can
recuperate and I'll bet your babies were glad to see you. Take care of
yourself and please keep us posted.

If you all have a little extra drool to spare, Miss Cleo (senior) is having
skin issues, again! She's had a spot on her hind leg that she keeps
bothering and it has grown and also there's a patch under her arm. They did
a couple of skin tests and not only is it bacterial, it's got yeast too, so
she's on 2 different kinds of medicine, and we have a new shampoo that
helps both things. That poor little girl has always had skin problems.

Happy New Year to all Droolers and the best for 2012.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."