[Dailydrool] need advice

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 17:48:23 PST 2012

Hi Everyone, Happy New year.
Huckleberry has the itchies and I don't know what to do to help him. He does not have fleas. He does not seem to be reddened. However, his backside, directly above his tail is driving him crazy.  He will spend minutes at a time bounching his backside off the footstool, or the corner of a doorway or wherever he can find something that sticks out so he can rub on it.  I will stop him and scratch and he just stand there, then he heads right back to bumping and scratching. He whines the entire time like he is soooooo miserable.  I will call the vet tomorrow, I have given him benedryl. Would anal glands cause this kind of discomfort?  I don't know how to help him. I do know saying "cookie" or  "outside" or "rabbit" stops the activity. He ran and played this afternoon with no apparent other problems...Geesh poor guy.
Snooters
Maggie Honnold