[Dailydrool] Elder Clara and the Brudder

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 20:51:09 PST 2012

I don't know if I have ever written about Elder Clara, but there are really few days that go by that I don't think about her. On Christmas Eve when hubby and one daughter got their calendar, they both didn't know that she had passed. I talk about her so often, but I could never bring myself to tell hubby that she was at the bridge. He doesn't read the drool.But there we were, eight people, all telling stories about a dog that we'd never met. And laughing, and looking at her cookbook. And everytime Carlie Jane does something outrageous (she's 13 yrs. old, she's entitled) Anyway, I have visions of Elder Clara and the antics that I read about (sometimes with heart palpatations). At the vet where I work, if I see an elder come waddling through, I almost always talk to the owners and it usually has an Elder Clara story. Debbie, she is loved and cherished and missed by more people than you can ever imagine. She is just simply a Legend that lives on to make a
 basset's world a better place.

Sorry, Brudder Elwood, but some things have to take precedence. Now your turn. Happy Happy Gotcha Day! I hope you got something special to eat. Maybe chickie or brownwagger! Maybe the brown truck come soon. It came for Yogi today, but just to give him his new stove knob covers so he doesn't blow us all up!
Slobbery kisses from Yogi, Carlie Jane, Dollie, Bernie, Bunny and Janet