[Dailydrool] Itchies

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 07:18:49 PST 2012

<<My poor Colbi is just itching, scratching and licking to no end. I
have been
giving her yogurt with her meals lately - do you think that
might be the
problem? Or could it be because it is so darned dry in
the house with the
heat running? Benedryl doesn't seem to be helping.
Any suggestions?>>

Well, of course Colbi could have an allergy to milk products or something else in the yogurt. Stopping the allergen should solve the problem in a few days.

A humidifier is a good idea during the cold, dry weather and couldn't hurt, but it probably doesn't have much to do with furious allergies.

If stopping the yogurt doesn't help, it's probably time for a vet visit. The vet can give you a pescription or suggest another OTC medication that might help. Recently Holly's dermatologist told me that Benedryl is actually the least effective OTC medicine, but since she didn't give me the exact dosage for the other medications, I can't share that.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets