[Dailydrool] Drool for Elvis

Jeff Deane jdeane at everestkc.net
Sat Jan 7 09:53:08 PST 2012

Had a scare with Elvis this morning.  He seemed fine when I got up.  He was
laying is his same spot.  As I was showering my wife came home from am
errand and sent my oldest up to tell me something was wrong with Elvis.  I
got downstairs to find him with his back very arched and shaking. Thinking
bloat I felt his stomach and it was sucked IN not bloated out.  My wife had
already called for an appt. with our vet who has Saturday hours, but I
overrode that, scoped him in the car and drove diretly to the Vet.  They got
us right in.  he was intermittently shaking and but did not appear bloated.
After a physical exam he got an xray, suspecting a tweaked back.  The disc
spaces looked perfect and that same as his from two years ago when we had a
series for his bladder stones.  But, he had some gas and the stomach looked
a little off (not twisted, but the gas looked a bit compartmentalized).  The
vet suspects he just has gastric pain from the gas.  He has us feeding
small, bland meals for now to settle it down.

I am concerned about bloat, and have the family on watch mode.  We are going
to take him for a good walk here pretty quick to help move things along.
Keep him in your thoughts. And we will keep the group posted.

Jeff