[Dailydrool] Speedy Ahrooo'd

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 20:28:26 PST 2012

I have never had the pleasure of hearing a basset ahroooo. Speedy only barks when he is excited or wants to get Rambo to play with him. It's a beautiful, deep bark, but it's not an ahrooooo. When house guest Shelby was with us, she had a long bark, but no ahroooo. Some can say that I'm lucky. Maybe. I don't know.

Last night Speedy ahrooooo'd for the first time. He was sleeping, more then likely, dreaming. At first I was startled, it wasn't loud. It sounded more like a police siren and I looked hard to see if it was Rambo (he makes all kinds of sounds when he sleeps) but it was Speedy ahrooooing. What joy! And just as quickly as it started, it ended. Speedy woke up and looked at me as if saying "what was THAT".

It was beautiful, I hope it repeats itself sometime soon.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo