[Dailydrool] CostCo food

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 14:38:25 PST 2012

Hi Folks,
    CostCo's Kirkland brand pet foods are actually produced by Diamond Pet foods which also makes:
Taste of the Wild
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
Diamond Naturals
    Kirkland and all Diamond pet foods are strictly made with all American ingredients.  They are the only dog food company that doesn't contract out and have their formulas made by other manufacturers--many dog food companies actually don't own any factories and have to pay large manufacturing houses to produce their food.  All their foods are also soy, corn, wheat, and artificial preservative free.  They even make all their food with purified water.
    I have studied dog food since 1994 when I had a mutt with auto immune disease that almost died from the preservative ethxoquin in his "high quality" food.  He actually was vomiting and passing blood in his stool.  He under went exploratory surgery because they believed he had cancer in an area the X-rays weren't catching.  Well, they biopsied all his organs and all came back negative in a 12 year old dog which was a miracle in itself.  While he was recovering, they put him on a rice and boiled chicken diet and he started acting like a new dog!  His youth even returned.  Well, the vet wanted him returned to his old diet--a brand she sold in her office-- and whammo all his symptoms returned immediately.  I switched him to a natural lamb and rice dog food and he recovered again.  I am very careful about what I feed the dogs so I wouldn't recommend Kirkland foods unless I felt sure it was 100% healthful and safe. I would put it
 against any premium natural food-- Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Solid Gold, evo--most of these foods I did use with my Newfs at some point.  I have had fantastic results with the Salmon and Sweet Potato formula with my itchy or sensitive guys (Beau, the Basset from animal control who had serious infections when I got him is on this and thriving.) and I use the Lamb and Brown Rice formula on everyone else.  I especially like their L&B formula because it has taurine in it which can be an issue as a lack of taurine in L&B diets has sometimes been linked to congestive heart failure due to the lack of taurine.
    I think you will be happy with the price and the results.
    Marie Campbell