[Dailydrool] Melodramatic bassets

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Wed Jan 11 12:05:50 PST 2012

We too have bassets that can be very melodramatic.

A good example of this in our house is Sophie.  When we leave the house
on the weekends, they always think they are going with us.
Not always the case.

In our departure routine, Cash and Apollo to crate, Lucy aka Flat Basset
Queen gets lured to her crate w/treat and Sophie/Schroeder get free rein
because they are good and sleep while we are gone.

Sophie always tries to make a run for it through the basement door to
garage, trying to get a sneak turn at going in the BUV.  Meanwhile, as
she tries, all dogs start barking and howling profusely at the top of
their lungs, thinking they are missing something.

Not so fast, as she makes a run, I lift a leg to try to prevent escaping
thru door to garage.
Then the dad slave who is super PO'd by now, grabs her by her scruff
just to keep her from bolting and to push her back, not hurting her at
all, but she yelps and makes this noise that you would swear you just
cut her left paw off.  And then she sulks.

SO dramatic.

So yes, we join the melodramatic club too...

Love and drool to all in need.
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Lucy, Cash & Apollo

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.