[Dailydrool] Wlcome Beach Basset Bessie--the younger--

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 19:17:46 PST 2012

Oh the story of Bessie---we all know how a new hound shows up when we are not looking. We were not looking. They choose us--and maybe they rescue us--maybe that is why Bess showed up when she did--a gift from Clara?? One I could not turn down--I must take this gift--those words of the communicator came back to me as I drove Bess home.
Bess is a rescue--about 4 years old-she was thrown out of a truck window at the shelter for not producing enough pups. All 25 pounds of her--out a window--my DOg.--Well she  landed in the rescue, and long story short--Bess now has a forever home. She is a tiny little girl and weight is very slowly coming--she has been here since the first part of December. We had her vetted, spayed and day by day we see changes. When she first got here she crawled on her belly, she didnt walk,  scared of everything, her eyes never stopped as she watched to see what would get her next. It was awful--I had no experience in this--then she paced, she would go in and out the dog door a hundred times, and never stopped, we did our best to calm her down.  A week went by and she actually barked, but she scared herself so bad she ran back out the dog door. Introductions to the rest of the gang slow----this little girl  is so small and well the gang here never miss a meal shall we say--and Jake was not impressed. Did I have my hands full??
The holidays were a challenge, Bess was terrified of anyone coming into the house. Hubby and I were so busy working with her we didnt bother with a tree this year. She was our gift, she is helping to heal the pain of Clara leaving. She has to be a gift from Clara, in 5 weeks she has claimed the perch, beat up Elwood and Sister Daisy is showing her the ropes. Jake is still work in progress, but it appears Bessie is afraid of the big red basset.
How does hubby feel about Bessie??? What a riot. Hubby and I dont call each other during the workday, we just dont unless it is a emergency. Bess arrives--he calls at least twice a day, to check on Bess.  I had the "crud" that was going around, sick as could be--yes he called to check on Bess. Forgot to ask about me. LOL!!! I am so blessed, he loves them all, but Bessie has struck a cord with hubby. Maybe because she is so needy, so broken and here we are, doing our best to put her back together. She has turned into a chow hound, and now barks for her food, and she was counter cruising this week. She also got on my lap for the first time. She wont lay down, but she stood on my legs. Small steps, but we celebrate them. She has gained 2 pounds. She discovered the yard she runs like the wind, it is such a joy to see her discover the good life.
Bessie has no idea that she has landed in the home of Da Brudder or the perch she is parking her bones on belonged to Clara. She is just thankful for all the good that is coming her way for a change. Elder Clara did good by sending Bessie, we all needed each other.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake