[Dailydrool] Melodramatic Bassets?

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:59:39 PST 2012

I think if you look in the dictionary under Melodramatic, you would see a
photo of a Basset Hound. I'm not sure where he learned it (it must be in
their DNA) but Quincy is the most melodramatic dog I've ever seen. In the
morning when it's time (by his inner clock) to go for our daily "walkies"
he comes up to where I'm sitting and starts in with a small whine. If I
ignore him, he'll put his chin on my leg & give me the "look", more
ignoring him, then his whine begins growing and growing (kind of like a
police siren in the distance and then getting closer), louder and louder,
until it's a full-scale gurgley Arrrrroooo-gurgle-gurgle, ARRRRROOOOOOO!
And it's the same thing when I put him in the tub. He plants his front paws
on the side of the tub and if anyone came to the front door at that point,
they'd think he was being tortured. Melodramatic? Oh yeah!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."