[Dailydrool] Congratulations and welcome to good queen Bess!

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:17:45 PST 2012

So happy to hear of the arrival of Bess and her rise to the Elder Clara's
throne... I mean perch.

Good Queen Bess was a nickname for Elizabeth I of England, she who gave her
name to the adjective "Elizabethan." I do hope this Bess will not be quite
so domineering -- I don't for a minute think she will stay timid, given the
realities of bassetude and the in-house tutors she has -- but I do think
she will soon assume her rightful place over her subjects... that is, the
brothers.

Paddi B Basset joins me in wishing Bess a long and happy reign. (Vernon Q
Basset mutters something about "woman dogs!" under his breath and heads for
his crate.

Mary
& Paddi B Basset (whose official name is Sunset's Descanso Princess!)
& Vernon Q Basset, her subject (am not.)