[Dailydrool] Spine injury med info

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Thu Jan 19 12:58:04 PST 2012

I just emailed with one of the researchers of the project, and she said that the clinical trial is not starting until spring, and that the drug has to be given within 12 hours of injury for there to be results.  I promised her that I would pass this on so that she didn't get slammed with emails from other hopefuls in our group.

You might want to give this info to all the vets in your life, because once the drug becomes available for trials one of them may be interested in doing whatever it takes to get on the trial, or at the very least refer to a vet who is.

Gaylene Opal-Deitering