[Dailydrool] Basset follows the blanket

Diane Schneider spitfire8000 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 17:53:57 PST 2012

Well here we are on day 5 without power in the Northwest. Not as long as some but more than lots others. Winston has just been going along with the flow but my first man Murphy keeps a close eye on the couch blankets. Today I was sort of evil because he has taught me his evil basset ways. He can be quite the stinker as Joni Patty and Alexa can testify to as well as his desire for constant comfort  Anyways I digress. I kept moving the blanket today and he just kept following it along regardless of where I put it including the floor, the dog bed, or one couch or another. Even followed it into the kitchen. If you look at Sept 15th on the calendar Murphy (the white one with black ticking) and Winston are stubbornly and passive aggressively fighting for the same spot on the couch.
They are part time buds but don't necessarily need to be together. The do not cuddle each other.
 More likely if they miss the other one they are wondering what the other one got that they didn't. I guess I've been in the dark too long and playing this mind game sort of
passed the time. I would like a shower soon but the bassets are probably glad that a bath is not in their immediate future. By the way I got my calendar on Saturday which gave us a big lift. Great job Laura and the elves! By the way when I drop the blanket over Murphy he only peeks out as if to say "Could you just tuck it in a bit?". Funny boys those bassets.

Sent from my iPhone