[Dailydrool] Drool for Younger Clara

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 06:00:13 PST 2012

Sweet Clara has had a cyst on her ribs since she arrived in my life. Although quite large - about the size of half a small walnut - it never changed. Until October. Since then it has trebled in size and instead of sitting snug against her side has become pendular and the skin is rather purple-hued.

I took her to the (new) vet this morning and he tried to aspirate it. He failed after several attempts.

We agreed the lump must come off and be sent for histology. Of course, we both hope it will come back benign, but I'm a basset mum, so I worry.

While we continue to send the Best British drool for all humans and hounds in need, perhaps we could ask for a little "nothing naughty" drool for dear Younger Clara.

Thanks
Sally