[Dailydrool] Misc. Stuff

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:48:03 PST 2012

Elizabeth,
If Young Charlie wants to dance most days, it sounds like he's feeling
pretty good!  I wish I could see him dance with you!  As a person who has
just had foot surgery in later life, I would recommend it to you (I know
there's a species difference) if it would improve his walking for the last
half of his life.  My surgery also has a 3 month recovery period...it's
only been 11 days and I'm very sick of being restricted in my activity.
 Pre-surgery, my foot deformities had started to take a toll on my quality
of life.  I think 3 months of restricted activity in exchange for another
20 years of walking normally are worth it. Good luck!

Regarding poop eating, I don't have it now.  I think part of that is that I
have 3 male dogs.  When we had a female in the mix, we've always had some
poop eating.  I do put yoghurt on their dinner meal as much as I can.
 Everyone loves it.

I'm behind in answering the Order of the Evil Basset Empire mail.  Please
bear with me.  I can only spend an hour or so per day not elevating my
foot.  I hate it.  However, I've had quality time with the basset boys
Truman and Roland, and DATA the fugitive.  Someone wrote about getting a
collar for Data with GPS tracking.  The dadslave ordered one of those; it
came and it was ridiculously big for Data.  We are now working on getting
GPS collar #2, which will allow us to track data on our IPhone and IMac.
 It sends a signal we he strays away from his "zone" which we can preset.
 Data has required more investment in building materials, dog leashes and
harnesses, etc. than the other 2 have needed in years of living with us. I
like the beagle's compact body, but would never have adopted one unless
they appeared on our front doorstep, literally.  He was barking at 3 little
birds in a shrub about 10 feet from the house today!

Healing drool to all in need,

Janice with Roland, Truman, and DATA

--
Janice Henry Colvin