[Dailydrool] Neighbors and neglected dogs

Sandy W sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:50:31 PST 2012

Val, you are a really good person going the extra mile to follow-up with
the "authorities".
We live on a farm in a rural area, with no zoning laws, in Missouri (that
should tell you something!).  Our neighbor was a young single male who got
a boxer and immediately chained him in the yard with no shade.  It was a
really hot summer and I was worried about the dog.  Luckily he got loose
one day and came to our house so I brought him in until I could contact the
neighbor.  Young men are not home much.  When he came to pick him up I
explained that boxers do not tolerate heat and asked if I could bring him
down to our shady yard in the heat of the day.  So I started to go get him
whenever the boys car was gone.  Roddy loved coming to our house.  One day
it was to be a scorcher but the boy was home when I went by in the morning
so I didn't get the dog.  I called my DH in the early afternoon to go check
on him but it was too late; Roddy  had died of the heat.  We had offered to
buy the dog earlier without success.  I still fell so guilty.  DH helped
the boy bury the dog and impressed on him not to get another and he hasn't
We're sending drool that that dog ends up in rescue and find a loving
forever home.  We have many wonderful dogs find us who have been "dumped";
our loved Thumpy is one!

--
Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)