[Dailydrool] Arthritis

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Wed Jul 4 07:41:58 PDT 2012

First drool and love to all who are suffering the loss of their dear ones- two to four legged.  I have noticed a lot of bassets are suffering from severe arthritis issues, so my input here may be too little too late.  Our Otie, dachshund older brother to bassets Charlie and Lucy, is turning nine this week, and is very active and busy in his daily activities, including several ball games of his own creation as well as chasing the ball and swimming for the ball.  So when he started slowing down and showing difficulty standing from lying down, his vet diagnosed him as having early stage of arthritis.

I had expected this due to his high activity level and had read here and there about the various supplements.  I never developed a definitive understanding of what is the best supplement.

So when I found one containing glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin, green lipped mussel, MSM and vitamins C & E, I tried it.  Otie seems like his old self though we don't let him play as hard or as long as he would like.  My daughter was visiting with her once active five year old lab Annie.  Annie has suddenly slowed down and looked like she was twice her age.  She too has arthritis, so I suggested our supplements, and they tried them with Annie. Next time I saw Annie a few weeks later she was running and looking like she felt good again.  Her mom and dad were amazed by the transformation.

This supplement is (and I have no connection to the company, unfortunately) is NaturVet ArthriSoothe-Gold Hip & Joint Advanced.  I first found and purchased this at a high end pet supply store, then found it at a much lower price on Amazon, where I purchase it now.

Of course consult the vet first to determine the source of pain and whether the ingredients are okay for your prince or princess.

AND yes they are made in USA.

If interested I could also post the inactive ingredients and cautions listed on the label, or contact me off list.

Charlie, Lucy and Otie's mommy, Susan