[Dailydrool] Drool for Amelia please

Karen McKenna tibbotbasset at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 10:49:32 PDT 2012

Hi everyone. I mostly lurk but wanted to post and ask for drool for my
Amelia. Amelia is a sweet girl and she's been quite sick.
On Monday we woke up to several spots of vomit. She was without an appetite but drinking well. We watched her during the day and she seemed slower than usual and was somewhat constipated when outside. On Tuesday we woke up to more vomit and her looking very haggard. We took her to the vet who said she was dehydrated, had blood in her stool which we hadn't yet noticed. Apparently there is a parvovirus outbreak nearby but he said he didn't think that was it. He kept Amelia on Tuesday and called a couple of hours later to say that it was not parvo. Later that evening he called again to let us jbow that they ran blood work and found she has HGE. I'd never heard of it before but he told me that the treatment was what they has started, rehydration and antibiotics. She was fine yesterday as they called to update us. This motioning the office called to tell us they had done several X-rays to try and find the cause of the heart murmur she has not developed. They expect she will come home tonight or tomorrow.
Please send good thoughts our way for Amelia. She's a sweet girl and Flash misses her.
Thanks

Karen, Flash and Amelia in NY

Sent from my iPhone