[Dailydrool] Amanda Lynn - Calendar Girl

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 12 06:56:32 PDT 2012

It is so hard to believe that today marks the 7th Anniversary of Amanda Lynn
entering our lives.

I am certain that many of you are tired of the story already -- but here is
the Reader's Digest version again...

Amanda Lynn was found by my husband Fred on his way to work - about a half a
block from the house.  Some soul-less idiot had obviously dumped her off to
fend for herself!  She was skin and bones - in heat - covered in ticks -
with every parasite known to mankind (except heartworm - thank God)!   If
you think of the odds of Fred glancing into a large, virtually empty,
parking lot and being able to spot her at that split-second moment - still
blows us away!   The fact that he was turning left at a 3-way intersection -
which the parking lot created - there really wasn't a reason for him to even
look in that direction!   It was either Divine Intervention - Sammi Sue and
Bob Burns at the Bridge - or a combination of both -  that pulled that one
off!  To add even more impact to the miracle - less than 3 weeks before Bob
Burns (my heart-dog) left us to join Sammi Sue at the Bridge and we were
completely basset-less for the first time in over 12 years!

Amanda Lynn still maintains her amazingly sweet disposition.  I've never
seen her growl, get aggressive or anything close -- no matter what the
situation.   She simply doesn't have a mean or cranky bone in her body!

She continues to evolve into quite the Pampered Pooch!   <Gee, I wonder
why?!>  She isn't the diva that Sammi Sue was - but she is equally as
demanding.  The difference is that she kills you with sweetness and kindness
to get her way!  If that doesn't work - she'll whine until you can't stand
it any longer and you simply give in...

She already had her favorite - scrambled eggs and ham - for breakfast and
Fred and I plan to devote the day to spoiling her even more than usual - if
that is even possible.

Marilyn - loving Mom to Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns